Sunday, May 11th is Mother’s Day. Here are some great gift ideas that everyone will love. And the best part is that these gifts give back to the community and world!
1) Flame of Life Dinnerware by Barbara Lazaroff • It’s a limited edition design by Barbara Lazaroff, ASID, co-founder of Spago and this week’s guest on Kitchen Chat. The Flame of Life Poem and design were the centerpiece element of the original Spago Beverly Hills. Four place settings of this elegant fine bone china in four vivid colors in each box capture Barbara’s poem and design. Proceeds will benefit Meals on Wheels and other non-profits. Also, check out her book with Patricia LaVoice: Wishes for a Mother’s Heart
2) Donations of any size to honor your loved one for charities that help end hunger in the United States and around the world:
- Meals on Wheels Helps care for 2.5 million seniors in the U.S. by delivering meals.
- Common Threads Provides over 30 weeks of free nutrition, cooking and cultural programming to low-income children living in Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, East Palo Alto, and Washington, D.C.
- No Kid Hungry: Share Our Strength Helps feed children
- Hands of Hope Purchase 12 chickens for a family in Africa for only $15
3) Oprah’s Chai Tea Teavana-Starbucks have launched Oprah Chai, and proceeds help fund the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa.
Savor the day!